Course Duration: 3 days.
What’s Possible: Salesforce Fundamentals – Are you a business analyst or project manager who is looking to learn more about how Salesforce can solve specific business issues? What’s Possible: Salesforce Fundamentals provides the information to enable you to effectively engage with your business stakeholders. The course walks through a series of typical business challenges to provide you with the background to solve your specific business needs.
Who Should Attend
What’s Possible: Salesforce Fundamentals is designed for individuals who need an understanding of the capabilities of Salesforce to determine how to best solve their business challenges using Salesforce.
- The course is targeted at individuals in the following roles:
- Business Analysts
- Project and Process Managers
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- No prior knowledge or experience with Salesforce is required.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Salesforce products and solutions.
- Ask discovery questions to identify specific business needs within your company.
- Make informed decisions about which Salesforce solutions meet your business needs.
- Help your business understand Salesforce design decisions, implications, and best practices.
- Identify and leverage sources of additional information and support.
- Overview of Salesforce architecture, objects, and navigation
- Tour of the application
- Identify key roles within your company
Data Access & Security
- Control who can view and modify information
- Decide who can view and change individual records
- Dealing with record access exceptions
- Support team selling with territory management
- Secure information at the field level
- Capture specific information by adding custom fields
- Control how data is captured using picklists
- Streamline data entry with page layouts
- Meet different business scenarios using record types
- Ensure data integrity using validation rules
- Route requests to the right person using assignment rules
- Improve customer satisfaction with escalation rules
- Automate lead capture using web-to-lead
- Increase quality and efficiency with workflow rules
- Reduce delays and bottlenecks with approval processes
- Enforce business processes with visual workflow
Reports and Dashboards
- Find and run the right report
- Gain insight into wins and losses with custom reports
- Analyze data with matrix reports
- Use dashboards to share key metrics with teams
- Collaborate using Chatter
- Collaboration between sales and marketing
- Create an environment for engagement using Communities
- Create different communities based on business needs
- Capture employee and customer inspiration using Ideas
- Leverage social media for collaboration
Data Migration and Integration
- Migrate data to collect and synchronize information
- Improve data quality and quantity with Data.com
- Integrate systems to automate and streamline your business
- Capture additional data using custom objects and tabs
- Create a unique and specific workspace with a custom application
- Make use of existing AppExchange resources
- Build outside the box with programmatic tools: Visualforce and Apex
- Share with key roles within your company
- Engage in community resources and help sites
- Explore your training options