Course Duration: 4 days
Integrating with Force.com – This course covers the key elements of how to design and implement all types of integrations with the Force.com cloud platform. The course introduces the major integration mechanisms available on the Force.com platform, such as the APIs and the built-in declarative functionalities. In subsequent modules, participants explore the technologies that play critical roles in integrating with the platform, including the Force.com SOAP and REST APIs, Apex, and outbound messaging.
Note: To get the most out of this course, you should be comfortable writing object-oriented code.
Who Should Attend
- Integrating with Force.com is ideal for customer developers, system integrators, architects, and independent software vendors (ISVs) new to the platform who want to learn how to design and build integrations with Force.com cloud platform applications.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- It is not necessary to be a Force.com developer to take this course; however, we recommend that participants be familiar with the Force.com platform and proficient in an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify various integration techniques.
- Develop methods for integrating with Force.com.
- Identify the advantages of various integration techniques.
- Integrate with Force.com web services.
- Build custom web services.
- Integrate with the Streaming API.
- Embed external applications into the Salesforce user interface using Force.com Canvas.
- Assessing your architectural landscape
- Evaluating business problems from an integration perspective
- An introduction to working with the Salesforce APIs
- Force.com security
Working with Salesforce Data
- Retrieving data: sObjects, SOQL, and SOSL
- Working with the SOAP API
- Working with the partner WSDL
- Debugging and testing
- JSON basics
- JSON and Java
- JSON and C#
Force.com REST APIs
- The basics of REST
- The REST API
- The Chatter API
Force.com Bulk API
- An overview of the Bulk API
- Using the Bulk API to modify data
- Querying with the Bulk API
Force.com Streaming API
- The architecture
- Working with the Streaming API
- Key Streaming API facts
Data Loader in Architecture
- Data Loader overview
- Including Data Loader in architecture
Apex, Data Loader, and Integrations
- Custom Apex web services
- Apex callouts
- Email services
Declarative Integration Features
- Outbound messaging
- Salesforce to Salesforce
Embedding Web Pages and Applications within Salesforce
- Mashups and Visualforce
- Force.com Canvas
- Introduction to Salesforce Identity and single sign-on
- Single sign-on with federated identity using SAML
- Single sign-on using delegated authentication
- An introduction
- Architecting a solution