Course Duration: 5 Days
Digital technologies are changing the face of business. As organizations rapidly embracing digital technologies such as cloud, mobile, big data and IOT, the context of digital forensics is more relevant than before. The growing number of cybercrimes has changed the role of forensics from DNA to Digital.
According to the market research report published by IndustryARC, by 2020, the digital forensics market will reach 4.8 billion USD. IndustryARC also predicts that the maximum use of digital forensics is from the federal sector and this will grow from $1,097.2 million in 2015 to $2,060.5 million by 2020. The major drivers for this are increasing threats from cybercrime and terrorist attacks. Foote Partners, which tracks information technology (IT) jobs across all skill levels, projects the global demand for cyber security talent to rise to six million by 2019, with an expected shortfall of 1.5 million professionals.
Over the last many years, EC-Council’s CHFI certification has gained massive traction and recognition amongst Fortune 500 enterprises globally. It has immensely benefited professionals from law enforcement, criminal investigation, defense, and security field. CHFI v9, the latest version of the program has been designed for professionals handling digital evidence while investigating cybercrimes. It is developed by an experienced panel of subject matter experts and industry specialists, and also has set global standards for computer forensics best practices. In addition, it also aims at elevating the knowledge, understanding, and skill levels of in cyber security and forensics practitioners.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone interested in cyber forensics/investigations
- Attorneys, legal consultants, and lawyers
- Law enforcement officers
- Police officers
- Federal/ government agents
- Defense and military
- Detectives/ investigators
- Incident response team members
- Information security managers
- Network defenders
- IT professionals, IT directors/ managers
- System/network engineers
- Security analyst/ architect/ auditors/ consultants
This course is part of the following Certifications:
IT/forensics professionals with basic knowledge on IT/cyber security, computer forensics, and incident response
Prior completion of CEH training would be an advantage
CHFI v9 covers detailed methodological approach to computer forensic and evidence analysis. It provides the necessary skillset for identification of intruder’s footprints and gathering necessary evidence for its prosecution. All major tools and theories used by cyber forensic industry are covered in the curriculum.
The certification can fortify the applied knowledge level of law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, computer and network security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network and digital investigations.
- Module 1. Computer forensics in today’s world
- Module 2. Computer forensics investigation process
- Module 3. Understanding hard disks and file systems
- Module 4. Data acquisition and duplication
- Module 5. Defeating anti-forensics techniques
- Module 6. Operating system forensics
- Module 7. Network forensics
- Module 8. Investigating web attacks
- Module 9. Database forensic
- Module 10. Cloud forensic
- Module 11. Malware forensic
- Module 12. Investigating email crimes
- Module 13. Mobile forensic
- Module 14. Forensics report writing and presentation